Golz Showcase is proud to announce the Inaugural BTS Futsal Tournament Fundraiser. Sponsored by Squared Limited, the BTS tournament is a chance for players and friends within the DMV community to get together and play for a cause. All proceeds made by this tournament will be used to purchase school supplies and given to kids in need within the community.
- There is no overtime, injury time or stoppage time.
- Teams are comprised of three outfield players and one goalkeeper.
- The goalkeeper must wear a different color jersey than the outfield players.
- There is no offsides in futsal.
- This tournament will be played in a Pickup format (the PLAYERS make the calls).
- 20 minutes halves with 2 minute half-time breaks.
- All substitutions are on the fly, this includes goalkeeping substitutions. Referees will not stop play for goalkeeping substitutions.
- A substitute may not enter the match until the player leaving the match is at the touchline in the substitution zone.
- Any substitute who enters the field of play before the player being replaced has completely left the field of play may be shown a yellow card.
- All substitutions must take place in the technical area (in front of the team bench )-- not at the half-way line.
- All teams will switch benches (and ends) at the beginning of halftime, ensuring that all substitutions take place in the defensive half.
Kickoffs: A goal may not be scored directly from a kick-off.
Kick-ins: are indirect. The ball must be placed on or no more than 10 inches behind the line and the kick must be taken within 4 seconds. The kicker's non-kicking foot must be out of bounds or on the line. (A kickin that goes directly in the opposing goal is a goal clearance for the opposing team. A kickin that goes directly in the defensive goal is a corner kick of the opposing team.)
Goal Clearances: are taken when the ball wholly crosses the goal line after being touched last by the attacking team. The goalkeeper must use his hands to roll, bounce or throw the ball from anywhere inside the penalty area to outside the penalty area.
Corner Kicks: are direct. The ball must be placed directly on the corner spot and the kick must be taken within 4 seconds.
Free Kicks: are be direct. The ball must be stopped completely before the kick may be taken.
Penalty Kicks: are taken from the penalty spot and must be shot at goal by a clearly identified kicker. Defenders may not be nearer to the ball than 16 feet and must be behind an imaginary line running from touchline to touchline even with the penalty spot.
Distance: For all of the above, except goal clearances, opponents may not be closer to the ball than 8 feet.
Ceiling: If the ball hits the ceiling or other object, the team that did not touch the ball last restarts play with a kickin from the nearest point on the touchline.
Fouls and Misconduct
This tournament will be played in a Pickup format (the PLAYERS make the calls).
Although this is a competitive tournament, please keep in mind that this is for charity and is meant to be a fun and pleasant environment. We will have what we call (CLOCKMASTERS) on site to watch time, keep scores, and handle any disputes.
Direct Free Kicks: When a player kicks or attempts to kick an opponent, slidetackles an opponent or slides with an opponent near (automatic yellow card/caution), jumps at an opponent, charges at an opponent, strikes or attempts to strike an opponent, pushes an opponent, holds an opponent, spits at an opponent or handles the ball deliberately.
Yellow Card / Caution: The offending player is shown a yellow card. If a player earns two yellow cards in a match, he is shown a red card.
Red Card / Ejection: The offending team plays down for two minutes unless scored upon before the two-minute penalty expires. The offending player serves a minimum one-match suspension.
Penalty Spot: 20 feet from the center of the goal
- Must wear a different color shirt. He/She may wear long pants and/or other padding as deemed safe by the match referee.
- May receive a kickin directly.
- May kick the ball directly over the half-way line.
- May score directly with his/her feet during the run of play.
- May not punt or drop-kick the ball. (Ball must settle to the ground or be touched first, no "air" under the ball when kicked.)
- May not possess the ball for more than four seconds in his/her own half.
- May throw the ball directly across the half-way line. A ball thrown directly into the opposing goal results in a goal clearance for the opposing team.
- May only touch/receive the ball once per team possession.